403 Forbidden responses (our turn!)

Getting these 403 errors on all API calls now.

As in this this thread: 403 Forbidden responses

We weren’t affected by this issue yesterday. Seems to have started around 3pm and is affecting all calls to the API

We have just deployed a fix for the issues yesterday.
There was a period from 14:49 to 14:57 where some API users were affected.
If you are having 403 forbidden statuses, this could mean you are failing the whitelist test, where your IP address does not match your restricted list of IP addresses.
I will check your account now.

Hi Mark

The period between 14:49 to 14:57 was giving us 401 Unauthorized.

We’ve also been having intermittent 403 errors throughout the day.

Thanks Mark. For the record they keys we use (there are a few for different applications) are all set to unrestricted and have been since we started using the API. Is this an issue now?

I emailed Simon about the problem earlier so apologies in advance if you’re getting calls making you aware of an issue you’re already aware of!

Not a problem contacting us.
We are looking at this now.

just sent you an email. Would you be willing to give me a call? I have a developer with me now.

Email hasn’t shown up. I think I’m registered here with my gmail address, which is what I’ve checked. I’ve sent an email with contact numbers to what I’m guessing is your ch.gov address!

thanks for your help.

I will be posting an information item tomorrow on the forum regarding 403 errors.
Thanks all for letting us know about these issues.

Thanks Mark, Just got a call that it’s working again now… and confirmed on my development machine.