500 Internal server error

Hi,

I surprisingly faced the below issue while calling the following URL: https://api.companieshouse.gov.uk/search/companies on the server where we have our application deployed. Also registered the server’s IP corresponding to my API key. I have not faced this issue before and i am using the same proxy credentials

requests.exceptions.ProxyError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘api.companieshouse.gov.uk’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /search/companies?q=eagle+eye+limited&items_per_page=2 (Caused by ProxyError(‘Cannot connect to proxy.’, OSError(‘Tunnel connection failed: 500 Internal Server Error’,)))

Is this because there is some issue with the companies house server because i have not made any changes to my proxy settings or neither made any code changes for the API calls.

Thanks,
Abhishek.Aigali

There have not been any CHS releases recently and no other changes have been made.
We have had no other reports of this type of issue.
Sorry we cannot help

This is a ‘catch-all’ error generated by the Web server. The first thing you need to know about an “Internal Server Error” is that the error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem meaning that the problem is not with your browser, your computer, or your internet connection. 500 Internal Server Error response code indicates that the server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request. However, there are often ways to quickly get around the problem:

• Very commonly, incorrect permissions on a file or folder that contains one of the scripts causes this this error.
  • Reload your browser (press F5) or try with another one. The chances that the page will load when you refresh your browser are low, but still, it’s worth giving it a try.
  • Try to clear your browser cache. If the page that shows 500 error is cached, after the cache is cleared, the browser will request a new version of the page.
  • Come back later. The webmaster may fix the server issue in the meantime.
  • A Coding Error in .htaccess. While not as common, be sure to check that your site’s .htaccess file is properly structured.
  • Contact the website owners. The last remaining option is to get in touch with the person responsible for maintaining the website.