Advance Search for Company

I read a post from CH (dated March 2017) suggesting there are plans for further work in the future, specifically for advanced search - has anything been done on this?

Have just been playing with the API and as an example, I searched for “Waterstones” and got 433 results … I then added “Limited” to the search and it jumped to 6.5million results, presumably because it is returning records with “Waterstones” OR “Limited”, rather than “Waterstones” AND "Limited"

[Waterstones used in this post for example purposes only]

We are about to (next week or the week after) release a new version of search.
Although this will not initially offer advanced search facilities, this new search will allow us to introduce the advanced features very soon.
Thank you for your patience.

Sounds positive; do the new releases of the API come with some kind of notification to users/subscribers?

[apologies; new to this]

Just to let you know that we released a new api last night that fixes this ‘LIMITED’ part of the query and now brings less results and is faster. This is a small change, but is the first part of our search enhancement work that will lead to enhanced search facilities in the near future.

Thank you Mark; that’s certainly a step in the right direction and brought the number of results down from the 6.5 million to under 10k, quite possibly still far too many for the process that I am looking at, but will continue to follow developments.