Advice to keep updated basic company information, name, address, etc

Hi,

I would like to know your thoughts/recommendation on the following scenario:
Maintain updated the basic company information like name, address, etc.

I have not yet started using the API and I know that there is a reasonable usage policy, so the idea of using data urls came up.

Here an example of a data url:
http://data.companieshouse.gov.uk/doc/company/08089852.json

The idea its not make a cycle that updates all companies, but rather determine which companies may have been the target of an update of information.

Is this a good idea or is it preferable to use the api? What is the maximum number of requests that it is advisable to do per minute?

Best Regards,
tc

As a starter we provide a number of bulk products that are free.
As to your question of ‘Maintain updated the basic company information like name, address, etc’, why not just retreive the data from us just at the point where you need to display it on your screen/system.
Why maintain a copy of our data?
Also, in the near future we will be launching a streaming API where you will be able to determine when company data has changed and retrieve the up to date information.
You may be denied access to our services should we deem you to be violating our fair use policy.

Hi @MArkWilliams,

Thanks for your response.
First of all, I want to make a good and fair use of CH services. So I have asked this question.

I don’t want to maintain an exact copy of CH data but maintain data must update possible, like existing services do eg: DueDil, Endole, CompanyCheck.

Regards,
tc

Hi @MArkWilliams

Will the streaming API include financial data which is currently only available from the daily XBRL files?

Best regards

Richard

No it will not, we only have the data in the iXBRL (and that is only for electronically filed as we do not have the data for paper filed)

Thanks @MArkWilliams . Is it mandatory for all companies filing Full or Group accounts to file in iXBRL?