API Frequency Update?

How often is the API updated with new company information? My company was set-up yesterday but doesn’t yet appear with organisations that are pulling company search information

Company information will be available on CHS/API a few seconds ( to a couple of minutes) after the document has been ACCEPTED.
If you can provide a company number I can investigate further.

Great, thanks Mark. Company number in question is 11947671

It’s up there now: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11947671

The beta site uses the api, and it’s showing in the api for me.

Ok, thanks, Ash. I probably didn’t explain my question well enough - what is the frequency with which this information is then pushed externally? I have tried to open a business bank account with two separate banks and neither of them are pulling through yet information for the company are in question.

If external sites are using the API then it is available externally the same time it’s available to Companies House as we use the same API they use (so it’s on our external sites that use the API for example).

It’s also available through the XML gateway which is another service third parties might use to access this information.

Ok, thanks, that’s good to know. If it’s not showing in the information banks are pulling it’s probably an issue on their side then - would that make sense? As it was two separate banks I thought it might be a time delay issue but from the above that can’t be the case

They could be using another third party (fourth party?) with some kind of latency. Companies House has some bulk data products that are only updated periodically.

I know we have had clients who have had trouble with banks in this respect as well. Usually if you’re insistent enough a copy of the Cert of Incorporation should be sufficient in our experience, but yeah, sometimes they’re not exactly consistent with this stuff.

Ok, thanks, that’s really helpful. My guess is they are probably using the bulk data product - do you know how frequently these are updated?. Thanks for the quick replies - much appreciated.

No problem. This kind of stuff can be hard to find information on.

The free bulk data downloads (Companies House) are monthly I think. In the past there used to be payed products which were more frequent, I don’t know if these still exist or not. I suspect some larger financial insitutions have their own sources that aren’t available/accessible to the general public.

Ok, thanks. Appreciate the information

Just checked our services, and just has already been stated here, it is available.
I have checked our records and the incorporation was presented to us 15/04/2019 10:51:13, accepted 15/04/2019 14:15:00 and available on our API/Beta/CHS service 15/04/2019 14:15:09.

I asked when there would be a REST API to file accounts here:

Is this planned?