API Limit workaround?

We use API to pull a list of all our customers’ details from CoHse. Problem is, we are limited to 100 results but we have several hundred customers.

At the moment we are having to overcome this by manually running a series of queries with start indexes of 0, 100, 200 etc to get the full list, but this is quite labour intensive and needs recalculating each time we go over a threshold of a multiple of 100.

Is there a way we can have the rate increased for a single query? We are only looking at running a query once or twice per day max, but need to do it all in one query if possible.
thanks
Peter

Not sure how you are using our service. Could you provide me with an example of your api call please? put “x’s” for your keys/passwords though as we do not want them on the forum.
How do you process the data you get back from us?
Is this a manual type and click by a human or is this scripted up?
MArk Williams

Hi Mark. Thanks for your email reply, sorry I should have kept to the forum. I think they may be a bug in the API somewhere; when I use the CH website to run query in the browser, in this example “GET https://api.companieshouse.gov.uk/search”, when I put 400 as the pages to return, the web site shows 100 records and the last bit of the code states:
“total_results”: 581,
“kind”: “search#all”,
“items_per_page”: 100,
“page_number”: 1,
“start_index”: 0

I’ve also counted them up and there are only 100 results returned. This is despite putting 400 in the parameters. Similarly if I search for officers with “smith” in the name I get 100 results even if I’ve asked for 400 in the query. Do you get the same if you use the CH developer website your end?
Thanks
Peter