API to find companies and directors based on multiple data fields

Hello,

Does the current API allow searches for companies and director appointments based on the combination of multiple fields, such as address AND postcode AND country?

I was not yet able to find this information in the developer documentation. Any help would be welcome.

Best, Timo

(I’m not Companies House) - the only info on this I’ve seen is as per my reply to this post:

I believe you can add some address requirements on searches for companies and officers e.g.:

Of particular note is the “what is search for” information which explains the rationale / use that they’re targetting:

Why would you need to search by postcode AND country? The reason I ask is I suspect this is not going to be entirely relevant because:

• Of course It’s possible for “postcodes” to be the same in different countries (e.g. France / US ZIP) but you could easily check the results afterwards…
  • …That is, if the country is set in the Companies House data. Which it may well not be, or the format may not match (remember - for a data set across enough time even countries are not static…). In fact you won’t necessarily find a postcode (it also may not necessarily be in the “postcode” field).
  • In fact, since the data is user-input, you’ll find all sorts of stuff in there. So much so that I strongly suspect (I don’t know of course) that Companies House search will not be either complete or accurate.

Obviously it depends on what you need from this!