Bulk Data Questions

Hi there,

I’m working with the Companies House API as part of my Masters thesis, and I have a couple of questions regarding the relationship between the API and bulk products. I’d be most grateful if someone from Companies House could help me out here.

1. Bulk data products for company profiles and PSC are available from the website, but officers are not. I note from the threads here, and from discussions with other users that an officer product is available upon request. Is there a reason it’s not provided on the website like other products?
  2. I’m using the bulk data product for company profiles as part of my work, and I note a discrepancy between what’s available there and what we have on the API. Most notably in terms of a) field names and field availability; b) format (i.e. csv vs JSON, I hear the officer data is in XML); and c) company availability. Could you please let me know why these discrepancies exist, and if there are any plans to resolve them.

Any comment on the above would be very helpful and I’d be much obliged if anyone can support. If you’d prefer to discuss things off thread and/or have a little more context on my work, I can be reached at goodrich_ian@spp.ceu.edu.

Many thanks,

Ian

I have passed this onto the relevant department.