Companies not been returned on the old compnies house API

Hi, We have noticed issues lately with the old companies house API where some companies are not being returned, here is a few sample.

• House of Batteries
• Crane Electronics Group
• Harrods
• Maxima

These companies are appearing on the companies house website and are returned on the beta API.

Is there any reason why they are not returned on the old API?

Companies dissolved more than 6 years ago are removed from CHS in line with our 6 year dissolved policy.

The first 3 companies are still active when i look at them on the companies house website and if i do a search by the company number on the old companies house API, the companies are returned , so its just on the search by name that’s not working properly.

What do you mean by “the old API”?

I thought you might be talking about the XML Gateway and Companies House Direct, but all those companies show up with a name search for me there.

yeah i think its the XML Gateway API that we’re using, its a soap service, its returning 100 companies on the results and the company that you request is usually at index 50, the same as how it appears on the WebCheck website

Well the CH API uses REST and the XML Gateway uses SOAP. If you’ve an issue with the XML Gateway then the place to ask is the XML Gateway forum.

ok perfect, thanks for that