Company 11069499 json file doesn't have SIC code

As the title says, the json file for company 11069499 doesn’t have a SIC code field. I was under the impression that all companies had to supply a SIC code. If not, if would be helpful if there was an empty field here.

I don’t know what the requirements are but Beta at least suggests this is allowed as it says “To be provided on next return”.

As a side issue a director’s name is incorrectly spelled - I’ve raised this separately:

Thanks for the response. Google results suggested that the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015 means that from 30th June 2016 companies now have to supply a statement of the type of company it is to be and its intended principal business activities.” during registration, which appears to mean SIC code. That’s where I got that idea from anyway, hopefully someone from CH will clarify.

In any case, it would be nice to have an empty field if there is no SIC code (unless there’s a good reason why not).

In passing by again I checked the filing on 17 Nov 2017 (Incorporation of a Community Interest Company) and there is a SIC code given (or rather, 2):
85520: Cultural education
90010: Performing arts

…so definitely over to CH to fix that.

I still don’t know why Beta is happy to say “To be provided on next annual return” if it’s a requirement.