Document Fetch Error

New user of the API. I have successfully extracted company filing history, officers data et al. So going well, however I have run into a problem when trying to fetch a document.

I have got the metadata from other searches but cannot get the query to work on the website never mind in my code.

Looking at the forum has helped however I still have a couple of questions.

I have entered :

id: field document_id from metadata

authorisation: Basic my_api_key

Accept: pdf

It is authorised with my api key

I get

0 error

and

Failure while contacting API. Some possible causes are connection problems or cross-origin resource sharing protection. Please check javascript domains registered against APIKey / OAuth2 registration.

So interestingly, or perhaps not, my APi Application for JavaScript Domains has - None. JavaScript access disabled.

Ideas?

Cheers

A

@andy_spence

I am hoping the following forum post may help:

If this does not explain or you have any further questions then please let me know

Thanks

@mfairhurst

Hi thanks for your reply. That did help. Sorted. Thanks !

The next question is whether I can search by ‘accounts type’ ?

I am interested in compiling data on Ltd and plc’s that file ‘full’ accounts. I can do a search on the first (fairly sure). If I also had a search field for ‘active’ and then an accounts type’ field then I have a search which should only return sizeable businesses that are currently trading. I can then go get the accounts files, and then parse them in to a dataframe.

I am trying to limit my calls to the API.

All ideas welcome !

Cheers

Andy

Hi thanks for your reply on the document fetch error. That did help. Sorted. Thanks.

The next question is whether I can search by ‘accounts type’ ?

I am interested in compiling data on Ltd and plc’s that file ‘full’ accounts. I can do a search on the first (fairly sure). If I also had a search field for ‘active’ and then an accounts type’ field then I have a search which should only return sizeable businesses that are currently trading. I can then go get the accounts files, and then parse them in to a dataframe.

I am trying to limit my calls to the API.

Any suggestions.

Cheers

Andy