Downloading documents - incomplete data

Hi,
When downloading documents from the new api (/filing-history) we are finding that a few are missing some data.

For example we get the odd document that doesn’t have the document_metadata link.
These documents also don’t appear online and have an empty barcode field.

The paper_filed flag is true so I am wondering what these documents are and why they aren’t properly included?

There is a simmiler thread from over 2 years ago but that talks about a fix so I am not sure if they are related.

If you could supply a couple of these examples, I will investigate.
Thank you for reporting this.

Hi,
If you fetch documents for the company 09168494 you will find an entry with missing data.

We have a few more cases but getting access to the company numbers is a little tricky.

Hi, We have had a few more this morning.
Companies 09135963, 09092633, 09889784, 09168494, 09796888

There were others but they weren’t numbers I could easily pull.

Hi,
Have you had any luck with these records?

There are a couple of reasons why images may be missing, including redaction, paper filed document scanning errors and genuine missing images.
I have just checked a couple of the examples and most are resolutions, which is a known issue.
A fix is planed but in the meantime a workaround runs every 2 weeks or so to fix these.
Any older ones are rescanned/regenerated/fixed on demand.
You can report these to us via the ‘Is there anything wrong with this page?’ link at the bottom of every page on the beta web site or you can email enquires@companieshouse.gov.uk.