Etag not in header of company profile

According to the API documentation here, the Response header should include the etag. But when I look at the response headers, I do not see an etag, just this:

Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2017 05:51:29 GMT
Pragma: no-cache
Content-Length: 1284
Content-Type: application/json
X-Ratelimit-Remain: 598
X-Ratelimit-Limit: 600
Access-Control-Expose-Headers: Location,www-authenticate,cache-control,pragma,content-type,expires,last-modified
X-Ratelimit-Reset: 1489038864

Instead, the etag is in the JSON body. Is the documentation wrong, or am I missing something?

See

This seems to suggest the answer to your question is “documentation is incomplete / incorrect, but then the etag feature isn’t completed yet either”.

To quote from CH support (from Feb 2016):

I believe this (with info from other article) means:

• The plan is to implement calling the API with an etag. Could be in the http header or as a parameter in the REST URI string.
  • If CH find from your etag that the resource hasn’t changed, CH will let you know. Presumably they’d return a parameter in the header as they’ve stated “no body” - but maybe you’ll just get no “body” in response…
  • If the resource has changed you get the resource in the body as you do now. The etag (always - I’ve not checked?) appears here.

For info, the documentation mentions an etag in the header for every REST call except:

• The various searches
  • Registered Office Address
  • Filing History
  • Documents API (which is treated separately anyway).

The docs state that the etag mechanism will also apply to the constant files too: