Is there a way to retrieve the latest registered companies?

Hello there,

Is there a way I can retrieve the latest companies that have registered?
Or a way to search based on registered date?

Thanks,
Chris

I don’t think it would be unkind to say that this API is pretty bad at searches atm (it’s in Beta though right?). You cannot search based on any logical parameters (SIC class, locale, registration date) from what I understand. Your best bet is to download the company house Data from Companies House (yes all of it!) and wait until the new data is release (once a month) and compare the files using version control or some SQL trickery.

Unless someone else can suggest something better (I live in hope!) then this your best option.

Luke.

@luke1 thanks for your response. I was hoping to get data not more then a few days out of date - so will have to look for alternatives.

You’ll have seen that there was a plan to have something like this but that was a while back:

No news on this it seems. Meanwhile, what @luke1 said. Any shortcuts, post 'em here!

If you were really desparate I suppose you could use the data file as a base, then trawl upwards through company numbers. You might check them at the companies URI (Error Page ) as that’s even simpler than the API and possibly not (so) rate-limited. A wrinkle is that if you wanted more than vanilla England and Wales companies - you’d need to do this for each of the various company prefixes. Most listed in the appendix at https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/426891/uniformResourceIdentifiersCustomerGuide.pdf - note it’s missing “RS” and “BR” (uk establishment of foreign company so a meta-number?) and maybe others. Only a few types are likely to get frequent updates.

I don’t know if numbers are always sequential but apparently mostly should exist - see for example:

Sorry, currently you cannot retrieve just the latest companies that have been incorporated.
In the near future there will be a streaming API, where you can register an interest in new incorporations for example, and this would provide information to indicate that a company has just been incorporated.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you have an ETA for this incorporations feature? Or is there an API roadmap reference doc publically available you could signpost for us?

Many thanks,
Dave.

This feature does exist in https://newbusinessmonitor.co.uk/