Is there any update on this dissolved company issue?

Currently Companies that were dissolved over a year ago don’t show up in the beta name search even if their profile and filing history are available.

This is a known issues that was discussed here:

Where it was stated that you planned to fix this, but didn’t have a time scale.

Is this still the plan and do you have a time scale yet?

As it stands this is creating a serious issue for us. We use the API for the provision of company information and historical documents. However, if we use the API for searching it won’t show some companies, even though we can provide that information. So instead we use the XML Gateway. The problem is, when we use the XML Gateway to search it returns dissolved companies that aren’t in API yet.

Whatever method we use to search company names there is a discrepancy between the results of the name search, and the data available in the API.

Any update would be appreciated. Thanks.

@i_ghory

charge data for dissolved companies is already there. For example: -

Thanks,

@mfairhurst

@ash,

This has been recently discussed under the following post.

We currently hold 6 years worth of dissolved data and index the most recent 18 months of that. The current plan is to index the full 6 years of data once we have implemented the appropriate filters to the search functionality to allow customers to either include or exclude dissolved data from the search. We are looking to implement this by April 2016.

Thanks

@mfairhurst

Is there any updated timeframe for this issue being resolved? It’s still causing us a lot of problems.

@ash,

We are planning on releasing enhanced search functionality by mid June which will also update the search index to contain 6 years worth of dissolved data.

Thanks,

@mfairhurst

Will we need to update our usage to get access to the dissolved company data? If so is there a previous of what the new API definition will look like?

Thanks

@john_tindell

Apologies if I have mis-understood the question but the dissolved data is available through the existing API endpoints, so there is no separate or new API definitions.

Thanks,

@mfairhurst

Sorry I wasn’t clear. I think i may have misread the search update and the index update as the same thing.

The update to the search index to include 6 years worth of dissolved data won’t effect how it is currently used and will just provide an improved data set?

Yes, the current search index will be improved to include 6 years worth of dissolved companies.

Thanks

@mfairhurst

@mfairhurst Has this gone live yet? If not is there a roadmap or release schedule anywhere.

Thanks

We are hoping to implement this tomorrow evening - 20/07/2016.

Was this implemented? The example company in the first post is still not showing in a name/regno search (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/search/companies?q=04301762)

No, unfortunately we had to regress as we were not happy with the performance under load. We have some ideas on how to improve that and I’ll try to get an estimate for re-implementation tomorrow.

See the following release note: