Live Streams giving a 504

Hello All

The live streams are giving a 504 error.

Started yesterday morning but thought I’d let you have a peaceful Easter.

Rgs
Robbie

2 Likes

Thank you for reporting this. There was an issue, which was resolved this morning.
This should have been detected by our monitoring systems and this is being investigated of course.
We apologise for any inconvenience.

Experiencing the same issue

All good now Mark - thanks.

Hello @robbie_crawford can you explain me how to use Live Streams api

Documentation for the Streaming API is available. I recommend starting with the Companies House Streaming API intro.

You should ensure that the Streaming API meets your requirements - there are several other sources of Companies House data available (bulk data, other APIs).

I am not experienced with the Streaming API. I would however recommend some familiarity with the main Public Data API also. That allows you to interactively investigate the data structures and data you may receive (they use very similar data structures and the underlying data set is - presumably the same?)

This forum has ended up being a valuable source of “documentation” since the Companies House documentation is intermittently updated and there are a few outstanding “features” of the system which have not been fixed. Search it using the “magnifying glass” icon at the top right of the page.

Good luck.

I have written a little guide on Streams | CH Guide about using the streaming API. Have a look at some of the links on there and give it a go, and give me a shout if you have any questions.
For an open source working example using NodeJS see https://companies.stream.
As voracityemail has said there are plenty of answered questions about the streaming API on this forum.

All the best

1 Like