Meaning of has_been_liquidated in Company Profile

Hi

I’m just trying to work out what has_been_liquidated: true actually means. I’ve just come across an active company record where has_been_liquidated is true - I had assumed this would mean the company had been liquidated/wound up and was therefore no longer trading, but it is trading and showing as active so this is obviously not the case.

The company does have insolvency history (a completed CVA), but as far as I can tell, things never went further than that. Or am I misunderstanding the term “liquidated”?

As I recall the has_been_liquidated and has_insolvency_history fields (in the CompanyProfile resource from the REST API) are “sticky” e.g. they indicate if the company has ever been liquidated / insolvent - even if not currently in that state.

However the company_status field should be the place where that is shown (see link to docs for the CompanyProfile resource below):

Possible values are:

active
dissolved
liquidation
receivership
administration
voluntary-arrangement
converted-closed
insolvency-proceedings

I don’t know what exactly triggers the “liquidated” flag / status though - maybe Companies House have the definitive info on that…?

See docs here:
https://developer-specs.company-information.service.gov.uk/companies-house-public-data-api/resources/companyprofile?v=latest