'New' version of beta.companieshouse.gov.uk

Hi,

I see that there is now no mention of Dissolved Companies either as a current or planned feature.

Can you clarify how the Beta handles dissolved companies ie Does it bring up recently dissolved only, or all dissolved companies, or neither?

Cheers

Dan

@danny

At the point we loaded the dataset to support the “searching” endpoints (25th February 2015), supporting both the API and the web interface we only loaded 12 months of dissolved companies. We did however load the company profile, officer and filing history data for all dissolved companies dissolved within the last 20 years. These can be accessed directly, through the use of the company number. This data has recently been reduced to 6 years worth of dissolved companies:

Hope this clarifies the position.

Thanks

@mfairhurst

I’m sorry but I’m still confused.

“These can be accessed directly, through the use of the company number”

I can’t find: 05067943 KELLY BROS CONTRACTORS LIMITED Status: Dissolved 24/08/2010

@danny

The example provided can be accessed as follows:

• Through our web service: -
  • Through the API: -

mfairhurst:~ $ curl -u <<myapikey>> https://api.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/05067943 | python -m json.tool

{
        "accounts": {
            "accounting_reference_date": {
                "day": "31",
                "month": "03"
            },
            "last_accounts": {
                "made_up_to": "2008-03-31",
                "type": "total-exemption-small"
            }
        },
        "annual_return": {
            "last_made_up_to": "2009-03-09"
        },
        "can_file": false,
        "company_name": "KELLY BROS CONTRACTORS LIMITED",
        "company_number": "05067943",
        "company_status": "dissolved",
        "date_of_cessation": "2010-08-24",
        "date_of_creation": "2004-03-09",
        "etag": "4e2d83e51bba8ce80341b772e1962ce63d29e73c",
        "has_been_liquidated": false,
        "has_charges": false,
        "has_insolvency_history": false,
        "jurisdiction": "england-wales",
        "last_full_members_list_date": "2009-03-09",
        "previous_company_names": [
            {
                "ceased_on": "2007-11-06",
                "effective_from": "2004-03-09",
                "name": "TIMEK BUIDING SERVICES LIMITED"
            }
        ],
        "registered_office_address": {
            "address_line_1": "10 Chingford Road",
            "address_line_2": "London",
            "postal_code": "E17 4PJ"
        },
        "sic_codes": [
            "4521"
        ],
        "type": "ltd",
        "undeliverable_registered_office_address": false
    }

What you cannot do is to find the company using the search endpoint, i.e. the search below will not return data.

curl -u <> https://api.companieshouse.gov.uk/search/companies?q=“KELLY BROS CONTRACTORS LIMITED” | python -m json.tool

Hope this helps

Thanks

@mfairhurst

OK Thanks. Awkward, though, unless I already know it is dissolved. I use the BETA web search a lot.

I still don’t know whether you only have 1 year’s worth of Dissolved companies (as at time of snapshot) searchable via the BETA web search - I presume this is the case as the previous example would have showed up if you had subsequently loaded more details on to the system.

Will this change, and if so when?

I want to use the BETA search, but haven’t a lot of confidence in the data and so I have to also use CH Direct as a back stop.

Ultimately I may write my own search routines using the API, but it would be re-inventing the wheel for much of what I do.

@danny,

We have 18 months of dissolved data available via the BETA web search. The plan is to load more, but before release, we are developing the ability to filter live/dissolved names returned. The current schedule is for release by April 2016.

Thanks

@mfairhurst

OK Thanks for the update

For the dissolved companies are there any plans to make charges data available ?

@i_ghory

charge data for dissolved companies is already there. For example: -

Thanks,

@mfairhurst