Number of employees

I understand that employee numbers are not included in the API (and why), but am wondering how users are getting this information. Would anyone mind sharing that process please?
Thanks

I had to resort to parsing the filings and looking for the column - I think you can get it from (paid) third party services such as CreditSafe or DueDill etc…

Just run the annual filings through an OCR and look for the fields is a good bet

1 Like

Thank you. I’m unsure of the accuracy/completeness of 3rd party services. Especially when I am only wanting a subset of the whole dataset. Are the accounts in a downloadable format somewhere?

I use the companies house downloads and then parse them (unless they are in iBRL format) using an OCR

Have a look at the Companies house Documents API - from here, you can download companies filings which tend to be photos in PDF format (so not directly readable) - I put these into OCR and then you can read out the data - it’s a bit of a chore but better than paying the third parties for this.

Good Luck!

My CreditSafe account manager from back in the day said that they provide a service to process documents for Companies House which is how they can identify companies with accounts that don’t balance and digitise paper submitted information into their database. I’ve used CreditSafe for 8+ years, anecdotally I can confirm they have good quality information and I’ve never seen a mismatch on this attribute in particular.

Thank you. I’ll check them out.