Officer changes applying to multiple companies

Hi

I can see a CH01 “Directors details changed” filing on 05/01/2017 for this company, which appears to have changed the spelling of the director’s middle name.

The director has appointments with other companies, eg 03319324, however none of the other companies show filings where there was a CH01 submitted. The bulk officer update files do not show a change in person-number, nor a “correction” flag (see dirs1781.txt), at least one of which we’d expect to see for a name change to be applied globally.

1. What is the extent of this specific data change? Is it a correction, a change of name, or an “informal correction” by the registrar?
  2. How can we detect that an update to an officer filed by the representative of a company should also be applied to officers of other companies?
  3. What’s the legal basis allowing global changes to take place?
  4. Would there ever be cases where a change should be applied to companies where the director had resigned, or even dissolved or struck-off companies?

Thanks
Alex

Seconded. I’m concerned about this since we would like to know if the officer details change for companies we’re interested in.

So to catch this one we’d need to:

1. Notice (via “follow via email” function or polling the filing history) that there had been a change to a person’s details.
  2. Look up the officer in the company officers list and retrieve the appointments.
  3. Check these against any other companies we’re interested in.

It seems from your example that:

• The API “follow” function won’t tell me about this change with respect to the other companies he’s appointed to. (I’m assuming no filing, no email update).
  • If we just polled a list of companies we were interested in to see if there were updates presumably looking at the filing history of the other companies here would show no change (e.g. same etag?) since there’s no new filing.
  • If we also polled the officers list for those companies would the etag there have changed? I don’t know under what circumstances this changes. If not, that could catch people out…

I’m just following up this thread as we’ve seen some additional occurrences of this, and I’m conscious that it didn’t get a a response by the Companies House team.

In the latest example, I’m trying to establish how officer Jaffray’s nationality changed from New Zealander to British for https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06813975/ without a CH01 filing for this company. I’ve not been able to track down one for his other appointments.