Persons of Significant Control - Controlled Companies

From a scan of the API it looks as if there is no way of finding the list of immediately controlled companies associated with a company? Is that correct?

For example, I can look up who controls company A (say, company B) using the list API method, but there’s no complementary method I can see for directly looking up companies (event to “depth 1”) that company B has some significant control over?

Which means I can’t easily generate a control graph unless I have a copy of the complete register? Although I do note that that is available as a bulk daily snapshot download.

–tony

Obviously you can check which other companies a company is an officer (corporate director etc.) of. It would be interesting to have something analogous to the Officer Appointment List for the PSC data. I imagine this would be yet another thing on CH to-do list…

Yes, I already do this.

I also didn’t think it through… For one thing, the entries on the PSC register are not necessarily under the control of the person authorised to maintain the main company register, so straightaway this information presumably shouldn’t form part of the Companies House company register (that information would have to be derived from data in the separate PSC register).

There are also serious issues when it comes to trying to reconcile data entries in the PSC register and the Company register (eg invalid company numbers entered as per here), though for electronic online form submissions Companies House could presumably validate corporate PSCs, perhaps as part of an autofill UI area (“find company info from company number” cf: “find address from postcode”)?

The PSC register uses a psc_id for each control entry in the register, but not a psc_entity_id in the sense of a Compnay Register officer_id (which in turn can be used to identify all the appointments of a particular entity (except when it doesn’t because the same person has multiple officer_ids!)) So to be able to look up all the companies immediately controlled by an entity we’d need to map relevant psc_ids onto that controlling company.