Problem with EEIGs in UK which have an overseas official address

The system may be conflating the official address with the UK establishment address of European Economic Interest Groups if their official address is outside Great Britian.

First example: GS000004 has or had a registered office in Germany. The system then shows that Glasgow is in “West Germany”, rather than Scotland:

Incidentally, that EEIG was formed in 1995, which is after German Unification, so I am not sure why the country is named as “West Germany”.

In another example, GE000108 has an official address in Belgium, and so the record wrongly shows that its UK address in Middlesex is in Belgium:

If I recall correctly - possibly on a different set of data - CH have said “we only provide the information as it is given to us”. I have no idea what / if any validation is being applied.

Having conflicting information - e.g. country conflicts with the rest of the address in registered_office - is not uncommon in foreign companies. A few examples:

FEDERAL EXPRESS AVIATION SERVICES INTERNATIONAL LIMITED - FC014330

"jurisdiction": "united-kingdom",
"registered_office_address": {
    "country": "United States",
    "locality": "Matlock Road",
    "region": "Coventry Cv14jq",
    "address_line_2": "Sutherland House",
    "address_line_1": "Stephen John Parrott"
}

PAN AMERICAN WORLD AIRWAYS, INC. - FC003821

"country": "United States",
    "region": "London W1",
    "locality": "193/194 Piccadilly",
    "address_line_2": "General Manager London",
    "address_line_1": "Mr A J Tucker"
}

SAUDI INDUSTRIAL EXPORT COMPANY - FC018965

"jurisdiction": "united-kingdom",
    "country": "Saudi Arabia",
    "postal_code": "W14 8YT",
    "region": "London",
    "locality": "66 Hammersmith Road",
    "address_line_2": "Kensington Centre",
    "address_line_1": "Miss Ibtihaj Betty Nader"    
}

Hi @voracityemail. If you check the original filings in the examples I provided, you can see that the filings were correct. The error must have arisen internally, and I suspect that it is systemic. My guess is that somewhere along the line, the database field for the country of incorporation has been confused/merged with the address of the UK establishment. Keep in mind that data has probably been migrated between different systems over the last 20+ years. Either that, or the output to the API is drawing from the wrong fields.

In your 3 examples, I cannot check the original filings online for the first 2, because they are too old, but in the 3rd one, FC018965, see the filing dated 29-May-1996 and you can see the correct country of incorporation (Saudi Arabia) and UK address.