Register view for officers shows full DOB in developer page but not in API

After sign-in to the developer page for Company Officers, I can successfully see the JSON object, including full dates of birth, when testing the directors register_view function (for a company with public registers):

/company/09446118/officers?register_type=directors&register_view=true

However, when I try the same endpoint directly against the API, it suppresses the Day in the date of birth, which seems rather pointless given that the full date of birth can be viewed on the Companies House web page.

Is the full register_view no longer available via the API? If so, please update the documentation and the developer page to be consistent.

@dmw

I have just tested a call to the API for the example provided above and is returning the full date of birth?

Calling: -
https://api.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09446118/officers?register_type=directors&register_view=true

Returns: -
I have anonymised some of the data returned so its not recorded in the forum

{
"links": {
    "self": "/company/09446118/officers"
},
"items": [
    {
        "date_of_birth": {
            "month": MM,
            "year": YYYY,
            "day": DD
        },
        "name": "NAME",
        "address": {
            "locality": "London",
            "country": "England",
            "premises": "XX",
            "postal_code": "XXXXXX",
            "address_line_1": "XXXXXX"
        },
        "country_of_residence": "England",
        "links": {
            "officer": {
                "appointments": "/officers/oSr3kc4XzeDae5rDfJlxeMBniB0/appointments"
            }
        },
        "officer_role": "director",
        "occupation": "Change Consultant",
        "appointed_on": "2015-02-18",
        "nationality": "British"
    }
],
"total_results": 1,
"items_per_page": 35,
"resigned_count": 0,
"kind": "officer-list",
"etag": "6911de2c5b20051d4948ac58ac137d7960f9ff19",
"active_count": 1,
"start_index": 0

}

If I perform the same request without the ?register_type=directors&register_view=true then the full date of birth is not returned, for the same officer.

Not sure what’s happening? Are you sending the ?register_type=directors&register_view=true. Do you receive one or two officers when making the call? Without the ?register_type=directors&register_view=true filter two officers are returned, the director and secretary, whereas only one is returned with the filter, the director.

Thanks

@mfairhurst

Thanks for your rapid reply. This prompted me to try again and I realised that my assembled URL had an extra forward-slash after the domain and before the directories (…gov.uk//company/…) which somehow caused the parameters in the querystring to be ignored. I think this is probably because you have a URL rewrite engine on your API which invisibly redirects and only adds back the querystring if the URL is perfectly formed. Anyway, my bad. All OK now and thanks for your help.