Search does not find 06423048

The company is there: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06423048

But when I search, by company name or number, it returns no results.

Perhaps the same one as this. The search for “048839” does not work either. However, I’ve found it’s temperamental (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn’t. Ratio seems to be about 50/50.

Also, it’s become very very slow. Any reason for that?

Could be. Although in my case the search consistently returns no results. This company was pretty far through the strike off process before it was discontinued so I’m wondering if that has something to do with it.

I’ve noticed the slow down too, which I assume coincided with the latest search enhancements release Search Enhancements - Change Notice

Hopefully it’s still being optimised.

Righto - I’ll raise a separate case for this.

Hi both,
we are experiencing issues with the new search. We are currently investigating.

1 Like

I have noticed some curious results coming back from
GET https://api.companieshouse.gov.uk/search/companies
calls.

Where I used to get a manageable number of results back, I know get (in some cases) millions of results. It seems to be matching on individual words as opposed to the whole string?

The best match seems to come up first tho which is better than before.

FYI there seems to be a difference between what is returned through the web “Try it Out” facility and what is returned through the API. i.e. (without pasting specific company name searches here) API returns 480 matches, web form returns “total_results”: 5935158

See the following post:

Thanks Chris, I can confirm the search is working now.

Although I will add that the search still feels much slower than it used it (in the past it felt lightning fast). NB. This is based on my own subjective use of the beta site!

I am still seeing masses of results returned for my searches whereas before there were very few. I am going to have to rewrite my processing algorithms to match what is coming back if this is the way it is going to run in the future.
Rgds,
Xris.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Search Enhancements - Release Notice

See the following topic update for details on the search result enhancements: