Searching companies via registered address

Hi there - first off thanks for releasing your beta API. It’s great to see government agencies producing open, modern, developer-friendly APIs.

I’m developing a local news application. Something I’d like to do is let people know when a great new business opens in their area.

It would be hugely valuable to be able to query your search endpoint by address.postal_code. This would be particularly powerful if it were also possible to sort the results by incorporation date.

If this isn’t the kind of thing you want to support, or there are other services better suited to doing this, let me know!

We are planning on introducing this functionality and the question has been asked before in the attached post. We still do not have any timescales for release as we have other priority work in the pipeline.

Thanks for the quick response @mfairhurst. Reading your answer to this question, it sounds like my use case may actually be better served by an events stream (it’s simple enough for me to retain events only relating to postcodes I care about). I look forward to giving that a try, let me know if you need any testers prior to public beta.

Hi
We would like to be able to query Companies House by postcode and found this thread. It sounds promising as a future development and I wondered if there was any update given this was posted 6 months ago?
Thanks

We are currently working on extending the company search facility to include searching by previous names and hope to complete that within the next month or so. As part of that work, we will be incorporating some of the search improvements (in terms of weightings etc) that we developed as part of the Disqualifications register. That included postcode elements so I would hope that we’d be able to incorporate that facility into company search.

Was this ever successfully implemented? Thanks

I’m with @jordan here, an update would be good, thanks

Any updates on this?

Please could you let me know if there has been any progress on this?

Searching for companies by geographical distance from a particular postcode is available at https://newbusinessmonitor.co.uk/.