Send a list of company numbers in to get data back?

Hi,

We have an overnight process that will check all the company numbers in our database and compare against companies house to see what has changed. At the moment we can do this on an individual bases though the API but obviously it takes a long time (2 hours plus we have calculated, although in testing at moment). I have got the bulk data files from you but this seems to be above what we require.

I am really interested to see if you are planning a method in the API where as I could send in a CSV or Array of company number to certain information to come back paged so what we are looking at can be done in fewer calls?

If not and we need to increase our rate limit how do we go about doing this?

Another solution we have thought of is can we host a private version of the API though you somehow to provide this data?

If we end up with the bulk loads as our only viable option, is there a cost to this or are they part of the free service?

Many thanks in advance for answering these questions
Mike

This post has reminded me of my concerns about bulk traffic levels.

Whilst this process was an overnight event, there are clear signs to us that Beta / API response times can be slower at various times during the normal working day. If multiple lopped searches are in concurrent progress (effectively bulk downloads) what impact will / do these have on response times for the world at large?