Shareholders information

Hi

Do you know when the shareholder information will be available through the API?

It will help lot of companies involved in KYB check for compliance reasons.
Having the shareholders’s name and their part of shares is part of mandatory compliance check for authorising companies for moving money all over the world.

Currently Company House offers these information in PDF format when check company’s detail

It will be a huge step forward having these information via APIs. It will get rid of a huge amount of bureaucracy around this point.

Please let’s defeat bureaucracy ;D

This would be very useful of course! Shareholders may be listed as PSCs via the API, but it doesn’t seem that they must be. (I’d welcome clarity on that point.)

Example 03882699 - NEWCROSS NURSING GROUP LTD - here the major shareholder (as per filing 11 Nov 2016 “Full accounts made up to 30 April 2016”) is “Beluga Rock Holdings Limited”, a company incorporated and registered in Gibraltar (and not listed in the API). However you won’t find mention of this company via the API e.g. as a PSC. As it states in the accounts, “The ultimate controlling parties” of Beluga Rock Holdings Limited are “S Pattrick” and “M Gorringe” and indeed they are listed (correctly) in the PSC list.

As an aside the two above are listed as having “significant control” although I imagine they could also accurately be listed as “owning x% of shares via firm”. I don’t know whether this is a perfectly acceptable shortcut or whether the rules expect a more specific and detailed approach.

This particular patch of bureacracy seems to be doing a pretty good job for which I thank them! Often it’s the rules which bureacrats are tasked with following which are the source of the problems. GIGO…

Unless you’re campaigning against this whole site? :wink:

each company that wants move money online need to pass through a KYB/KYC process!!

This process for being law compliant, requires to know the name of the shareholder that have AT LEAST 25% of the company shares…

These information are in company house website in PDF format (therefore an electric format)… and I strongly believe that these information should be exposed on these API.

Currently this compliance process is a process that requires manual intervention (download PDF,etc…).

this particular patch of bureaucracy will be GOOD when I don’t need to have a manual intervention for getting all the necessary (by law) company’s information.

Automating this information gathering process will remove potential fraud and mistakes… that is what I call a GOOD process.

Company House has far as I know is the source of truth in terms of data for the UK based companies.