Using lookups instead of free text

Are there any plans to start using lookups instead of free text for some of the inputs during the company registration process? It’s difficult/impossible to parse the data properly when there are random spelling mistakes and formatting issues.

I can perhaps understand using free text for the addresses but I can’t believe you are using free text for fields such as ‘country of residence’ and ‘nationality’. This leads to entries like: UK, Uk, uk, United Kingdom, United Kingdom- England, United Kingdon, United Kingodm, United Kingopdm, Uinited Kingdom, United Kingdom West Yorkshire etc

I second this. Users should not need to insert new countries or territories in addresses, nationality or place of incorporation of overseas issuers. Companies House should prescribe lists, and to avoid political sensitivities over places which are not universally recognised, call them “territories” (for example, “Taiwan”, which is not recognised as a country by the UK). It is not helpful to just disclaim responsibility and say “we reproduced it exactly as submitted”. Change the submission system.

I believe this has already been addressed.

I thought they were also going to fix the data currently in the system but I haven’t heard anything yet

Thanks Arthur, I didn’t realise there was another forum. As of a few days ago this still hasn’t been implemented but good to know that it’s on the way. Would be nice if they would do the same for address field, especially UK addresses.