Vanished UK companies

We are currently aware of 25 UK companies which were once visible in the system but seem to have vanished. 5 of them were dissolved before the end of 1993, but the other 20 were all fairly recently dissolved from Mar-2011 onwards, and are not even visible at the URI page (Error Page).

In WebCheck, they also produce a failure message when searched by company number.

I hereby upload a list in case anyone can shed light on what happened to them.

1 Like

Interesting… XML gateway gives the same error code as WebCheck:

CompanyDetails fatal 9212: X+0b4065-136708 Companies House are unable to complete this request (Information on this Company is not currently available.) / 9212

CHS only shows dissolved companies for up to 6 years.
The current date is 01/03/2013, so any companies dissolved prior to that are no longer on CHS.

MArk, I know your policy on the Beta system, but the details of these companies are not even present in WebCheck, which goes back (I thought) 20 years? Also I thought that after 6 years, a dissolved company is moved to the URI interface where basic information is still shown (without Officers and PSC). For example, here’s a company dissolved on 28-Feb-2013, just before your current cut-off:

http://data.companieshouse.gov.uk/doc/company/SC086201.html