502 Bad Gateway on /search/companies

Hi, just want to echo our desire for a longer term fix here. Can you give us an update on that?

This seems to be happening again right now.

Yep, happening again. Last year this seemed to be pretty reliable, the occasional hiccup, but since the start of the year it has become really unreliable.

We are working hard to diagnose the root cause(s) of these issues. We have implemented a number of changes in order to restore the stability of the platform, and have a number of further changes planned. Unfortunately the change implemented last night has had to be regressed resulting in further errors being received today.

We apologise for the ongoing inconvenience these issues are causing.

Steve

I’m guessing it is something else, but you aren’t using docker by any chance are you? Another API we use that is hosted using docker had containers keep falling over for no apparent reason. It turned out that it was because docker needed updating. It started happening early this year/very end last year too, so the timing fits which is why I thought worth suggesting, but doubt it will be the same thing.

Good luck on the fix, but please do keep us updated.

Pinging since it’s happening again right now.

Same here, can you please work on it?

Yes we are aware thanks

We are working on it - sorry for the inconvenience

It works now, thanks!

Seem to be getting it again today? From the test API site getting “502 Bad Gateway
The server returned an invalid or incomplete response.” from search company function.

Following on from my previous message, the API seems to be up and running ok again now.

Search was intermittent this morning from 10:00 til 11:30
Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Down again this morning

Sorry - We are looking into this - you should start to see it recover.

Steve

Happening again today

Yes, after remedial action, it is now back.

Hi @MArkWilliams, were there any problems today? We were receiving 502 Bad Gateway.

Not that we are aware. What time was this?

It is happening even now.