A person with no name

Most of these problems seem to occur in the Northern Ireland registry which I think was imported at some stage. This person has no surname and no forename and was born in the (default) Jan 1900:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/RCPQO4njUu8GNm5SDSehhwyJ1XQ/appointments

I note that there is an appointment form 296 signed on 30-Nov-2004, appointing Mr Thomas John Smith DONNELL, but with no appointment date on the form and no date of birth. The signature date matches the appointment date of the unnamed person. I suspect that in a database merge, the date column was filled by his name, leaving the name columns empty.

I can’t find any resignation form though.

Thank you for reporting this.
I have passed it onto our integrity dept.

LURGAN FORWARD (NI028222) has been resolved.
Here is some information regarding this:-
From 06/04/2008 UK private companies no longer needed to have a secretary. But I’ve consulted with the old Companies Registry NI and we think that the system in the old Registry still required the secretary field to be completed when processing an Incorporation so the examiner keyed commas in the secretary fields on the old system in order to accept the Incorporation. This info was then migrated into our registry.

Putting the “secret” in “secretary”, one might say.

1 Like