API Changes with regards to number of requests and null value returns - August

Hi, we do a batch update every day - recently we assumed we were completing too many requests in a five minute time period and were getting null results mixed in with valid data. Half way through July, we modified our code to throttle the number of requests we do per minute (the maximum possible would be 300 in five minutes, and it would never achieve this anyway). This made the update job run slower, but we got a perfect data set after the changes.

From the 1st of August I’ve noted we’re getting null results again, and the batch update job takes 3 times as long to run without any modification from us - when I test a single company request it does seem to return the information more slowly. I was hoping someone might know if there are a) any changes on the API and b) failing that, what the recommended number of requests per minute is, so we can bring our update job in line with fair use.

The maximum requests per 5 minute period is 600.
If you exceed this you will get 426 status returned, your system must handle this and hold off your requests until you calculate that you are back within the limits.
If you continually ‘misuse’ our services your access may be removed altogether.
There are also IP address related limiting, so if you are accessing the Beta site via the web and you are coming from the same IP address, that will all count towards the IP address limits.