Are Updates possible with the API

Can you tell me if the API will allow for updates such as to change the Registerd Address of a company etc? If so could you point me to the documentation for this API functionality.

Thanks

Change of Registered Office Address is only offered through the web service at the moment but we do intend to make this available via the API, along with other updating functionality.

I’m afraid we can’t give you likely dates at the moment as we are concentrating on completing the search functionality first, however, as soon as we have an idea of likely time scales, I will post them on this forum.

Kind regards

Robert McNeil
CHS Service Manager

What do you mean by “Change of Registered Office Address is only offered through the web service at the moment”. Is there a Soap or other type of web service that I can plug into, to change the Registered addess? Or do you mean the registered address can only be manually changed by logging into Web Filing web site?

If there is a web service, could you please point me at the documnetation.

Many thanks.
Chris

Apologies for any confusion. I meant that, with respect to the CHS service, it is only available through the https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/ site, not programmatically via the API.

From the relevant company profile page you can click the ‘File for this company’ button and, with relevant credentials (you will need to have registered and signed in to the service and will need the relevant company authentication code to make any changes) can then change the Registered Office Address.

As stated, we do intend to surface this functionality through the API in future but it is not available that way yet.