Automating information retrieval for companies I follow

Hi,

I’m not a developer as such, but I would like to develop a solution to this problem. I follow a number of companies and would like to automatically receive documents that are filed, as and when they are. Can somebody point me in the right direction, is there a way to do this via an Apple Script, iOS Shortcut, Automator?

I’ve never worked with an API, but I could learn. What can I use on my Mac to interact with the API to retrieve this info?

Any help to get me started or pointed in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi,

You can follow a company and you’ll be notified when any changes are made. You’ll still need to logon and retrieve/view updates I believe.

Steven

How to use our API and streaming API’s is well documented https://developer.companieshouse.gov.uk/api/docs/
You may need to research general API usage and/or engage a developer.

Hi Mark,

A related question to this useful follow company functionality.

Is it possible to do this in an API way?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

1 Like

Follow is not available through the API.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your earlier reply.

A slightly delayed follow on question to the Follow functionality.

Do you know if there is a limit to the number of companies that can be ‘followed’ under a user logon?

Thanks in advance,

Steven McCormick

No, there is no limit…BUT there is an issue with viewing the complete list of the companies you are following on the website. Anything over approximately 1200 and you will get a paging error. It is on the ‘to fix’ list.

Many thanks Mark for the prompt reply; issue noted.

All the best

Steve