Companies House Excel custom functions released

See here for an animated gif of what this is. https://s1.gifyu.com/images/excel-custom-functions-video.gif

Microsoft released their preview mode for Excel Custom Functions earlier in the month. I’ve created a project that maps company lookup end-points to excel functions. This allows an excel user to retrieve company directors, accounting year-end, current status etc using custom functions.

See project github here

Functions include:

• =COMPANY.ACCOUNTINGDATE - Company’s accounting date
  • =COMPANY.NAME - Company’s name
  • =COMPANY.REGADDRESS - Company’s registered address
  • =COMPANY.LIQUIDATED - Company’s liquidation status
  • =COMPANY.SICCODES - Company’s registered SIC Codes
  • =COMPANY.OVERDUESTATUS - Status of company’s accounts
  • =COMPANY.INCORPORATIONDATE - Date of company’s incorporation
  • =COMPANY.COMPANYSTATUS - Company’s current status
  • =COMPANY.DIRECTORS - Company’s directors’ names
  • =COMPANY.SIGCONTROL - Company’s significant controlling persons’ names
  • =COMPANY.LASTMEMBERSLIST - Date of company’s last members list submission

I will be adding more functions to this project over time. Excel Custom Functions are still in preview mode, and participants must have volunteered to be part of the insiders programme.

Due to CORS restrictions, I’ve had to proxy the http requests through a heroku app. I’m hoping to migrate this over to a direct API connection in due course.

Hi,

I’m struggling a bit to get these add-ins into excel. Would it be possible to get a walk through on how to implement this in excel, beyond the instructions on Github?

Many thanks

I don’t use this myself but it looks like the author hasn’t been here since 2018. That was also the time last updated on github.

I notice links on that page (to MS info about this system to “sideload into Excel / Office”) are broken - however Google finds working versions:

Also the main project (Excel Custom Functions) has more info - check that on GitHub.

Good luck.

Hi sanusi,as voracityemail says I haven’t maintained this project in two years as Microsoft were very slow to bring the excel functions out of preview mode. What’s your use case? I may update the project if there is demand out there from the company house developer community.