Company Name Check : Incorrect responses

Good aftenoon :smile:

We’re getting responses from the XML gateway that do not match the companies house offical namecheck.They fall into two categories, dissolved company names not being re-published as avaliable and strange responses for same name matches.

Dissolved
INVENTIVE SOLUTIONS LTD dissolved 14th Aug 2020

INVENTIVE SOLUTIONS LTD - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

Company Name Availability Checker - Companies House

UNIVERSAL HEAT TRANSFER LIMITED dissolved 6th of november

UNIVERSAL HEAT TRANSFER LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

Same Name Results
O'neal UK Limited is matching with 1 ALS LIMITED

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Stephen

If this query is for the XML gateway, you should direct your enquiry to the XML forum (http://xmlforum.aws.chdev.org/)
There was an issue with name search on the XML gateway that was corrected on Friday 11th Dec approx 17:18hrs.
Please re-try your queries and post any further queries to http://xmlforum.aws.chdev.org

On the matter of
O’neal UK Limited
to be considered the ‘same as’
1 ALS LIMITED

This is because the algorithm used to check removes all words like ‘UK’, ‘limited’, and punctuation, then turns ‘1’ into ‘one’ and also ignores any plurals. This makes them both look like ONEAL, thus are considered same as.
You can still attempt to incorporate companies that show as ‘same as’ but your submission will be examined using a more complex algorithm, and if (like this one) is clearly not the same, it will be allowed as a name.
Hope this helps.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to reply, much appreciated. Sorry for posting the question under the wrong forum.

Kinds regards,
Stephen

hi can u guide how can apply company name checker api in php

hi sir i hope u doing well sir i face some problem in company name avalibity checker please sir can u guide me