Does the API allow to search for "large companies"?

Hello all,

Thank you for your efforts on the API service :smile:

I’m wondering if the API offers ways to find companies that are classified as “Large companies” (see: What determines the size and type of company? – Company Check) Is this possible? Or will this be possible in the future?

In another post on the forum I also noticed the download service that is offered by Company House in XBRL format (see Companies House) but I have the feeling that not all companies are present in the data set. Is this a correct assumption or am I missing something?

Or, is there an alternative service that could provide a list of “large companies”? Ideally, filterable by industry code :slight_smile:

Thank you for your time and help!

Regards,

Aksel

No, the API does not offer ‘large company’ identification.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your swift response.

I could also get the XBLR data from various companies to compute the set of large companies. However, I believe that not all companies are present in the XBLR data set. Is that correct?

Thanks again for your time.

Regards,

Aksel

The only company accounts that are in that product are the electronically filed accounts.
Unfortunately many of the larger companies submit their accounts on paper.

Hi Mark,

Ok, thank you for your time and the info :slight_smile:

Regards,

Aksel

Hi @MArkWilliams

I know this is an old post, but relevant to me. So how do we go about collecting the accounts data submitted on paper - I am assuming this is digitised somewhere? Could I speak with the customer care team?

Thanks

Ian

These are available as scanned images (PDF) only.