Getting 403 for all requests from AWS EC2

Hi. I’m getting 403 Forbidden responses for requests to https://api.companieshouse.gov.uk from my live servers in AWS EC2. This currently happening consistently from every machine I’ve tried in eu-west-1 (Ireland) and eu-west-2 (London), including from IPs which I’ve had exclusively for many years. The api responds normally for requests with the same key from my dev environment. Can anyone please advise? Thanks.

We are having a similar issue. We’ve had it working on our development environment but then the following day - without any source code changes - we start getting 403 forbidden responses from the API.

I guessed our IP had been blacklisted but I can still run CURL requests when SSH’d into the same server.

Is your implementation using Javascript to get the responses?

Thanks,

Dave

Is this resolved yet? I’m facing similar issue

Is there any way to identify if our IP address is blacklisted?

Whats is your source IP address?

10.112.44.141 and 10.16.196.53
I tried with above two machines

I can confirm neither of those addresses are banned from the service.

Steve

I don’t know how but it has started working fine now

I am experiencing a similar issue, where I have had no issues previously, but started receiving 403 errors.
The API tester on the site is not even working for me using the API key that was previously working OK (https://developer.companieshouse.gov.uk/api/docs/search/companies/companysearch.html)

I have also been having this issue. Everything was working fine all of last week but today the API is giving 403 Error Reponses. Can I check if I’ve been blacklisted and if I haven’t, how can I get access to the API again please?

You have setup a restricted IP address on your API account that ends in 92.
If you are coming from a different IP address you will get 403 errors.

You have restricted IP addresses setup on both your API accounts.
If you are attempting to access our API from any address that is not on your account, you will get 403.
Please check your source address and restricted address.

Thank you! Seems to be working now

If you are part of a large organisation, your source IP address may change, especially if you have more than one ISP.