Is there an Officers API available?

Due to customer feedback and a upcoming legislative change we are now suppressing the day of the date of birth. Please see the attached forum post

Ok. Thanks.

It is a shame. Is there anyway of getting this data through a special license? As we are developing software for financial institutions that require the full date of birth for ID verification.

The data can be made available but to Credit Reference Agencies and specified public authorities who have to apply to have access.

Hi,

Will there be a API endpoint where you can search for a officer by name? Something similar to the company search function:
GET https://api.companieshouse.gov.uk/search/companies
but for officers …

If so, when do you expect this to be available?

Thanks,
Andreas

The plan is to release Officer search functionality and are planning to release in September. We will post on the forum exact release details nearer the time.

Is there already or going to be functionality to query by Nationality, please?

The initial release in September will be to search by name and address. Searching by nationality is not in our current thinking but if its determined there is user need then we would look to address. What requirement are you looking to satisfy by searching by nationality?

Thanks,

Mark.

Thanks for the reply Mark - I’m looking to use the Nationality (starting with USA or American) to be able to help them easily fill out certain US tax forms. There could be some use for FATCA purposes within FS industry. The database won’t capture 100% of relevant people/companies as some may be dual nationals and only list UK on companies house but it would be a great starting point.

Thanks again,
Sharon

Hi Mark, Are there any plans to release known email addresses or pictures of officers? I know this might be seen as a breach of privacy, but some the details already exist in the public domain, especially on companies’ own websites. Perhaps a permission driven approach might be the way forward, i.e. individual officers giving permission to release some of their details.

I would not be comfortable with this myself. Currently, you do not provide any images of individuals to companies house. This mean one of the following would have to take place.

1. Whenever you annual turns you are requested to upload an image of you.
  2. Companies House decides to use social engineering to scan the internet for a picture of the officer that may be incorrect.

I know many businesses that don’t contain images of the directors.

Perhaps images are bit more over ambitious on our part. We can in fact pull in the images if email addresses are known.

How would you pull the images if email address is known. It would also require all email address to have images. and a change to the way companies house filling works and end the paper base filling

We won’t get it 100% correct, but images could come from many sources including our own CRM. Feel free to play with http://app.livestax.com/unifiedvu/welcome/customer-intelligence - next iteration will connect it to CRM systems.

Companies House don’t have this information so they couldn’t provide it through the API if they wanted to!

As Ash has stated Companies House do not collect images or email addresses of directors so we cannot provide.

Thanks Mark. We will try to think of something at our end.

Hi Mark, I understand from one of your previous posts that an API endpoint to search by officer name was foreseen for September. Is it already implemented and I missed it, or are you working on it?

Many thanks,
Frank

Officer searching released

Hi there - thanks for releasing the API. Great to see open, modern, developer-friendly APIs released from Companies House.

we have users currently using the Officer search API and we were wondering if there are any plans to enhance the API to provide filtering the results by data of birth range or post code …i.e. when we search the name of the director , additionally if we can provide the date range ( for the date of birth ) or post code , so that the results are filtered.

Thanks very much

I can see all sorts of issues using images based on emails, and with all the GDPR regulations I think it would need to be an opt-in rather than assuming it is OK