New company types - enum info missing? Charitable Incorporated Organisation (and Scottish variant)

A couple of company types were added:

• Charitable Incorporated Organisation
  • Scottish charitable incorporated organisation

Examples: CE004165, CE013477, CS000534, CS001896

You can see that these are set up in Beta, but some of the information is missing in the api-enumerations:

• There are constants for the company types in the ‘constants.yml’ file dev branch of the api-enumerations but not the main branch of api-enumerations.
  • There isn’t an entry in the ‘constants.yml’ file under ‘company_birth_type’ but then these don’t have any entry in the company profile for this so this would seem consistent.
  • Other company types with limited information seem to have an entry in ‘constants.yml’ file in the “partial_data_available” section e.g. mirroring what you see in Beta, so I’d expect “Refer to the Scottish Charity Regulator Scottish Charity Register for further information about this charity” (possibly with the “Scottish Charity Regulator Scottish Charity Register” linked using markdown).
  • There’s no (separate) entry for these in the Filing History Exemptions enumerations dev branch. I’m not sure if this would be appropriate but an entry was added for the last update (protected cell companies) e.g. ‘filing-history-not-available-protected-cell-company’.

Apologies if I missed it but there didn’t seem to be an announcement here. Normally one gets posted e.g. for Protected Cell companies (does anyone have a couple of examples for these?) and Scottish Qualifying Partnerships. The last such notification I could see is:

Thanks for taking the time to report this. I have raised it with the engineers that did this work. Will keep you informed.

I do not think you have missed an announcement but if you really did then so did I.

CE and CS prefix “Companies” arrived unannounced on 2 January 2018 with an initial slug of 15,976 rows with number and name with little else and there has been a steady trickle of additions and a handful of closures since… The data loaded so far only represents small parts of two distinct datasets managed and maintained elsewhere.

We assumed that it was part of a master plan to have all “business” names in one place and expect the rest of data to be loaded at some point in the future.

Apologies if I missed it but there didn’t seem to be an announcement here

Probably not much help, however bulk data users received emails from CH Customer Care team back in October and December giving advance warning of the new CIO types. Maybe this process can be changed in future so that bulk product changes can be assessed for impact to API users.

As a belt-and-braces person, I also subscribe to the exciting RSS feeds of draft and enacted laws, which let me know when the Index of Company Names (Listed Bodies) Order 2017 was passed.

api-enumerations stuff

Given the lack of recent merges into master, we’re now having to cherry-pick relevant commits from develop rather than master branch. We’ve previously raised this issue.

e.g. for Protected Cell companies (does anyone have a couple of examples for these?)

There’s been only 1 PCC registered so far:

The FCA don’t seem to have bothered to create a proper separate PCC register (despite the law), hence the regulatory info about the PCC can be only found in a Word doc converted to PDF attached to the regulated firm’s register entry. But no way of searching for new PCCs unless you already know their name, or search the bulk data by company number prefix.