Newbie and I need your help please

I am very new to this. and i am working in postman. All i need is a list of all company address, the full address unfiltered and unlimited by any variable. For now to test, i am putting through the company number to get address but i think my syntax is wrong. All i have done is insert this URL “api.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/{company_number}/
registered-office-address” next to GET in postman and under params, i listed ‘company_number’ and put value ‘11611111’, I also put my API as the authosization. I just want to see what address that company is registered under. I get errors when i send.
Please help, thank you

select GET and ensure the URL is https://api.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11611111
select Authorization tab, choose Basic Auth from the TYPE dropdown.
Paste your API key into the username input field and leave the Password blank.
Click send

Very helpful thank you. I have managed to have a play around. how do i limit the columns it returns. For example i only want 2 columns from the office adress, /registered-office-address?fields=[“address_line_1”,“country”] . this doesn’t work. Thanks again

You cannot ‘limit’ the fields returned. You code/system will have to parse the JSON returned and extract the items you are interested in. Don’t forget, our API is not for humans, it’s for machines :smile:

Hi, I did like that but i received the following error -
{
“error”: “Empty Authorization header”,
“type”: “ch:service”
}

You seem very helpful on this forum so hoping you can help me too please.
I also get “error”: “Invalid Authorization”, “type”: “ch:service”
started a project on CH to get my key and followed your instructions with no success on POSTMAN
please help

This forum is full of information and advice but you will have to use the search function in the top right hand or try Search results for 'Invalid Authorization' - Companies House Developer Forum

Hello Mark
Yes i got that access sorted now many thanks!
Though using the API with company number only gives me very basic information like filing dates, no financial information, is this all i can expect?

Reading the forums, alternatively, if using the streaming API we need to use timepoint values. Can is this a method of getting financial values over time, maybe by looking at different timepoints on the streaming API?
If so how do i find the timepoint values to use? (is there a list of what a time point equates to or a method of working these out)

I couldn’t find these direct answers on the forum so please help
Thanks

Financial information is only available in the accounts documents that companies file with us. You would need to find the documents you are interested in from the filing history, then retrieve those documents.

Hi Mark
And is this all possible through the API?
thank you for your patience

J