No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' Header on GET response

The response to the search request seems to be missing ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ Header.

The header is present for OPTIONS request for the same URL. The value in this instance comes back as ‘*’. However, following GET request does not have the header and the browser errors out with

Failed to load https://api.companieshouse.gov.uk/search/companies?q=apple: No ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ header is present on the requested resource.

We’ve been using the API for over a year now and have not changed the way we use it recently.

As far as I know this was working as late as Friday (Nov 10th) so wondering if the maintenance on Nov 11th has changed anything?

Sorry about this. It has been caused by the weekends deployment.
Just fixing it in the next few minutes.

That has just now (14:50hrs 13/11/2017) been fixed.
Apologies for that .

Thank you. How long will it take for the fix to be seen?

As we are still getting the same error.

@MArkWilliams I have been getting this error since the maintenance too and am still getting since the fix.

We fixed the developer site. I expected that to fix your issue too.
We are investigating your particular issue (Only two customers including yourself have reported this)
We are currently getting over 200 successful API calls per second and have been all day, so this is not affecting all API users.
We will continue to investigate of course.

Could the issue be related to the browser? I.e. we are calling your API from AJAX, therefore the browser requires the header “Access-Control-Allow-Origin” were a direct backend call can ignore that header.

@MArkWilliams I’m also experiencing this issue, the missing header is preventing CORS requests.
It had already been reported here so I didn’t see the point in commenting, but I’ve been keeping an eye on this issue.

Thanks for the additional info. We have identified the problem and we are working on a fix.

Hello Mark,
Just wanted to let you know that we were unable to login to the forum the whole day, preventing us from also reporting this issue.

Thanks @MArkWilliams

Hi, I know you are working on this but just wanted to echo still having the issue. Thanks

Hi Mark,

Do we have any estimated timeline for fix?

Thanks

Hi @MArkWilliams, are there any updates to this?

Hello @MArkWilliams do you have an estimate on when will this be fixed by? We need to communicate to our customers.

testing a fix in pre-production right now!

testing a fix in pre-production right now!

We have just deployed a fix for this issue.
We apologise for the disruption this may have caused.

I confirm the issue is resolved for us.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Thank you Mark, this has been fixed for us too.