Officer List return company number for corporates?

Hello,
I’ve been asked it it’s possible to get the company number for a corporate officer.
So, given a company number, I would get the officer list, and corporate officers would have their company number available (ideally).

OfficerList resource has a “registration number” field in the identification section, however this is not populated for corporates.
Eg 06872285 has a corporate secretary and corporate director, in the response I don’t see “registration number” populated.

Is this just not possible, or is there a way to do it?

Registration Number isn’t a required field when appointing a corporate officer or incorporating a company with a corporate officer.

I’m guessing it only appears in the response when it was supplied on appointment. 01047315 is an example where the registration number in the identification section is populated.

It’s quite strange that you can register a UK company as an officer and not point to their registration number
(I believe that is almost ethically questionable, but this is not the place for that conversation.)

We have the exact same use case and we are forced to do some really counter-intuitive gymnastics to establish what the regno for a corporate officer is.

I was wondering, since this was raised by API consumers for years, has CH found a solution to this yet? Or are there some known practices which CH can recommend, so at least we know that we follow a “standard” process?