Officer List "Title" field

In the XML API response for company appointments, there is a Title field along with Forename and Surname.
But I can’t see an equivalent node in the JSON Officer List response? Is it simply being omitted, or have I missed something?

@daniel_aston

This is currently omitted from the officer list resource but is part of the backlog to be added. The plan is to make it consistent with the officer appointment resource: -

GET https://api.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/{officer_id}/appointments

so the data returned will be

"name" : "string",
         "name_elements" : {
            "forename" : "string",
            "honours" : "string",
            "other_forenames" : "string",
            "surname" : "string",
            "title" : "string"
         }

Thanks

@mfairhurst

3 years later, is there any plan to make the Officer List resource consistent with the Appointment List resource and show all the name fields separately (title, surname, forename, other_forenames, honours)?

We use the API to read the list of Officers without making an API call on each officer separately. It would be very helpful to have the separate components of the name rather than just a single “name” field, which seems to show titles only when they deviate from “Mr”, “Ms”, “Miss” or “Mrs”.

Also, I wonder what the collection system is for the fields “other_forenames” and “honours”. It seems that from AP01 (appointment of director) only has two boxes, for “Full fornames(s)” and “Surname”. That being the case, most users enter the honours in one of the two name fields (CBE, OBE, JP, DL etc) after the surname or forename(s). Even in the Appointment List resource, it is rare to find use of the “honours” and “other_forenames” field. I did find one example that does, here:

All of his directorships are Scottish, though - so perhaps the Scottish company forms or data input system was once different from England and Wales, with separate fields for honours and other_forenames?

How are the plans for making the Officer List resource consistent with the Appointment List resource going? It would be useful and cut down on calls to have the Officer List resource show all the name fields separately (title, surname, forename, other_forenames, honours)

Thanks