Officer Search Results Ordering

Hi, is it possible to influence the order of results from the Officer Search API (Search company officers)

If I was to search ‘John Smith’ I would like to get exact matches back first before other less likely results. For example the first result currently returned is ‘FRASER JOHN LYTTLETON SMITH’ while there are plenty of other ‘JOHN SMITH’ results included later on.

Alternatively is it possible to specify an exact match only and exclude any fuzzier results?

If I could get the more likely matches first I could page through the results until a certain point and then stop consuming.

Thanks

Sam

Hi,

Did you find any solution to your problem?

Thanks
Rohit

I would like to have the answer of that question as well…

As far as I’m aware, if it’s not in the latest documentation it’s not there.

I am not aware of such a feature. Although these are now a bit old please see Companies House’ own responses about “what does search do and why?”:

Hi,

We maintain a connected database of Companies House appointments and have a public API with free calls.

Both our ‘Find UK company officers’ and ‘Find UK companies’ use a combination of exact and ‘starts with’ approaches and are returned by descending Lucene search score.

I think this will give you what you want - but this forum doesn’t allow me to post links direct to the endpoints??

email me at mike@regulationtechnologies[.]com and I can send more info

Cheers,
Mike