Streaming API compression

I’ve been testing the streaming API and have a few queries.

1. Using the following endpoint: stream.companieshouse.gov.uk/companies , is it possible to simply subscribe to updates for specific companies rather than receiving all updates to the CoHo database?
  2. If the above is not possible, what is the estimated bandwidth usage for just the companies endpoint per month/quarter/year?
  3. Nothing is mentioned in the documentation about compressing output, nevertheless, I supplied the following header: *Accept-Encoding: br;q=1.0, gzip;q=0.8, ;q=0.1 however I still received a plain chunked text response. What headers do we need to apply to ensure compressed output from the streaming endpoints if at all supported?
    If there is no functionality to filter the updates we get from the streaming endpoints, surely compression should be implemented to reduce on bandwidth waste.

No, the stream contains all updates, BUT you only need to process the ones you are interested in of course.
We have no estimated for bandwidth usage. If you require that, you would have to do that yourself.
There is no compression on the streaming API, that is why it is not mentioned.

Thanks for the reply.
The only way I can process the updates I am interested in is by processing all the updates in order to be able to filter out the ones I am interested in. Over 95% (and that is being conservative) of the bandwidth consumed will be for data to be discarded. It’d go a long way to reduce that waste if compression is enabled on the stream, even if it was an opt-in via the headers. Is this the correct forum to request enabling of compression (and / or filtering)?

There are no plans to enable compression or filtering on the streaming API
If bandwidth is an issue for you, we do have other services including a number of bulk products and the Follow service on CHS.

Bandwidth is ‘not an issue’ for me per-se, and I know (if you are a developer) you understand what my point is.
Does the follow service on CHS have an API (or is it just the email fired off)?

Just an email fired off.

So CH have the API but have simply not exposed it to the public aside from it’s own service, I am correct?
Is there anything that bars me from setting up a publicly accessible (and chargeable) filtering API service (feeding off CH’s http streaming endpoints)?

I have the same problem about filtering updates from Streaming.

@MArkWilliams Can we have more information about that?
Is there any intention of integrating the follow service via streaming in addition to having it via email?

The process that is present now is very complex and it requires a lot of resources

Please, I wait your answer
Thanks