Webhook / Following

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere or is possible using the existing stream API.

We have approx. 6,000 corporate clients who are registered on Companies House. We currently use the API to frequently (Nightly) check for any changes to filing dates etc.

This seems a little inefficient from both our perspective and yours. (I expect that there are a number of API users with a similar use case).

Some other forum members have enquired about being able to access the “follow” functionality using the API.

If as a future roadmap feature it would be great to be able to use the API to maintain a “follow” list of companies and to track changes using the stream API or by providing a webhook.

I suspect that this would result in a drop in API requests

Hi ddenton. We have built webhook service across the streaming API which essentially meets this requirement. It’s currently in beta and if you’re interested to try it out I’d be happy to share access with you. Not sure I can share contact details here but feel free to contact me via our Xama Technologies website. Currently the webhooks support changes to company data, filing events, changes to officers and changes to PSCs.