YAML API Enumerations Inconsistent

Hello,

the “description” enumeration value returned by the API in respect of certain items appears to be strange, and there is some filing types missing from the YAML data available on Github

When fetching a filingHistoryList resource for example. An inconsistency can be seen when dealing with a filing of Type SH20 OR CAP-SS. The description returned by the resource in respect of this item is “legacy”, and instead the description is given under [“description_values”][“description”]; In the case of SH20 the description is “Statement by Directors”.

Can you confirm if this is going to be fixed, or in all cases of “legacy” description being returned instead of a YAML enumeration type, what we should be doing?

Many thanks.

If you know what makes a filing “legacy” post it - I’m not aware of any particular filing type that always is “legacy” but haven’t really checked. I have seen various different types returned as legacy including incorporations, returns etc. Speculating now but maybe “legacy” ones are missing data or weren’t updated to a previous standard?

Another example - from company 00229606 (some fields removed for clarity):

{
    "description": "legacy",
    "links": {
       "self": "\/company\/00229606\/filing-history\/MDAxMjU4NjA0NGFkaXF6a2N4"
    },
    "description_values": {
        "description": "Return made up to 25\/07\/05; full list of members"  
    },
    "type": "363s",
    "date": "2005-08-18",
    "category": "annual-return",
    "transaction_id": "MDAxMjU4NjA0NGFkaXF6a2N4"  
 }

I don’t know if it’s always been thus but certainly since 2016.

You’ve answered the question of what to do with these. For example we treat these as if there was an entry in Filing History Descriptions constants like:

"legacy": "Legacy filing: {description}"

We do some further processing of the “description” parameter to bring it in line with the rest of the data before use. The dates within are normally given in the form dd/mm/yy and there are often a couple of items separated by semicolon.

I notice the Filing History List resource documentation has been updated (since a year or so ago) but this info hasn’t been added.