Authentication Issue

Hi, I am new to Companies House API.
I want to authenticate my application with companies house API to get/use companies House website data in my salesforce application. For this, I have to authenticate my application with companies House API.
How can I do this?

Any help will be appreciated…

Our documentation describes the process which can be found at the following link. Hopefully this should explain but if not then please continue to ask questions.

This documentation is not making my point clear. How to authenticate my application with companieshouse?

Is there any URL to which I hit to check whether I have authenticated user or not?
The URL in which I can send my API-Key ?
Or Any other method other than URL ?

Please help me out.

Hi.

The first step is to sign-in to the developer hub, then you can request an API key by clicking on “Your Applications”. Once you have this, you can proceed to the next step, which is to try our our APIs through the API explorers included in the web page documentation of every API endpoint. For example: https://developer.companieshouse.gov.uk/api/docs/search/companies/companysearch.html

Once you have done this, you will have all the experience you need to be able to call the APIs from your own code. The following forum post should also help you, but I would recommend you search the forum for “authentication” topics, in case your issue has already been solved:

Also, the Example at the bottom of the APIKey authorisation documentation (https://developer.companieshouse.gov.uk/api/docs/index/gettingStarted/apikey_authorisation.html) shows you exactly what must be sent with each API request. If you cut-and-paste the curl example, but substituting your API key in place of my_api_key (but you must remember to have a ‘:’ following it), then you shouldn’t have any problems.

Curl will be generating the correct HTTP Authentication header (Basic authentication) for you, and your HTTP client library should also do this, but if it does not and you find you have to do this yourself, the APIKey authorisation documentation explains how - there is a link to the Wikipedia page showing how a HTTP Basic access authentication header value is created.

This previous answer also gives code examples:

Hope that helps.
Chris

Is your issue resolved or not? Please reply here

Your issue is still pending?? Please reply

Can you please share your URL and your code here?