Incorrect Company Status

Hi

Using the advanced company search API following three firms (company numbers - 08989685, 13242230, 12742935) show as ‘active’ under company status.

These same three firms show as company status ‘dissolved’ using the company search API

Taking the last company - 12742935 as an example. The Advanced Search on website shows as ‘active’ but when clicking the link for the firms page it then shows as ‘dissolved’.

Can you explain why there is a discrepancy and would this be possible to fix? I am using Advanced Search API as the functionality to filter company_status, dissolved_date, size (up to 5000) is extremely useful.

Thanks a lot

Thank you for taking the time to report this.
We are investigating and can confirm there is an issue with company statuses in the advanced search (and alphabetic).

Thanks a lot for your reply, appreciate the help. Any more info please do let me know.

Hi, would you be able to give a rough timescale on this investigation / a solution to the problem?

Thank you

Daniel

Sorry I have not updated you here. We have been unable to work out how these statuses have come to be incorrect.
We plan to refresh the entire search index, however this is a big job and our availability targets prevent us from having ‘down time’. This make the task more difficult. We are currently planning this and arranging the required resources.
I do not have a date, but I would estimate the work will be complete in the next 2-4 weeks.

Thanks a lot for the update

Hi Mark, this issue is also causing problems for our team. Are there any updates you can give? Thanks, Cameron

My 2-4 weeks was optimistic. We have had to delay the index re-build due to higher priority work.
This work will need to be re-planned, but there is no date yet.
Thank you for your patience, we appreciate that this is not ideal and we are doing our best with the limited resources we have.
If you do find companies that you believe are missing, please post them here as we can get them corrected/added.

Hopefully some good news…
The advanced company search index will be refreshed this weekend (25/26th Nov 2023)

The advanced company search index was re-loaded on Saturday.
If you find any discrepancies, please let us know.